Here is the Reason Why Babies Don't Cry in Asia

 

When I took a vacation to Asia, I noticed something amazing: There were NO KIDS CRYING ANYWHERE. Nowhere, not even in outdoor markets with 105-degree heat. Finally, after 2 weeks of traveling around, I asked on Twitter if anyone knew why. Somebody replied that when she lived in Japan, she once asked a mother what she does when her baby cries. The mother looked at her quizzically, then said, “But why would my baby cry?”

My jaw dropped. I started Googling around for different parenting strategies and I was surprised to find that the way we raise kids in America – the methods we think are “no-brainers” – are totally different in other countries.

For example, in this TED Talk:
    “Norwegians believe that it is better for children to be in daycare as toddlers. In Japan, [this mother] lets her 4-year-old daughter run errands with her 7-year-old sister and 11-year-old brother – without parental supervision. Her kids don’t hesitate to take the Tokyo subways by themselves and walk on busy streets alone, just like their Japanese peers.”

Read those things. Notice how you feel. Would you let your kid take the subway alone? Would you take your 4-year old to a 3-hour meal at a restaurant (like some French parents do)? Why or why not? Notice how resistant we are to see a different way of doing things.

Yet they work in other cultures.

We all have beliefs of how the world works. Sometimes these beliefs are so deep we don’t even notice we have them. But they still influence our thoughts and behavior – even when they’re wrong.

This was sent to me through mail by Ramit Sethi 

So Daddies and Mommies will you let your kids run errands and do other stuff without your supervision because it works in other cultures.

Share on Google Plus

Talk to FitnessDoctor Paul Samuel

I specialize in making people look good, feel good and live good through HEALTH and FITNESS. Remember you deserve to look good. Chat with Me By EMAIL Follow on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

1 comments:

  1. "When I took a vacation to Asia".. You took me by surprise.

    Well, i love the write up!

    ReplyDelete