Mothers Wish: I don't Want My Sons Brain to be Fried

mother-son-cancer


Cancer treatments although proving useful have never been without side effects.... In this case that is the fear of parents who refuses treatment for her son. 
 
Oshin Kiszko was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumour last year, but his parents opposed the treatment recommended by doctors due to the side effects.

Oshin had an initial surgery to remove his brain tumour but his cancer had spread. 


A court order in March forced Oshin to receive chemotherapy (a type of cancer treatment) and he was given two cycles of the treatment.
Last month Oshin’s mother Angela Kiszko spoke out on 60 Minutes about why she was refusing treatment for her child.




“I don’t understand it (radiotherapy and chemotherapy) and I’ve said it to the oncologist — I would be for it but I can’t understand it,” she said.

“(Using) two carcinogenics just doesn’t make sense to me.”

Earlier this week the barrister representing Oshin’s parents, Andrew Skerritt, told the court the parents opposed radiotherapy because of the long-term side effects.
Family Court Chief Judge Stephen Thackray then considered whether Oshin should also be given radiation and handed down his judgment on Friday, saying the parents had agreed to continue chemotherapy instead.


Ms Kiszko told 60 Minutes when she read about the side effects of cancer treatment, she wanted to vomit.

“I thought I could not put myself through it. Why could I put my son through it?” she said.

“I don’t want my son’s brain fried with radiation.”

Learn more about Cancer: Cancer, What is it all about? 

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise
Share on Google Plus

Talk to FitnessDoctor Paul Samuel

I specialize in making people look good, feel good and live good through HEALTH and FITNESS. Remember you deserve to look good. Chat with Me By EMAIL Follow on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

0 comments:

Post a Comment